Monday, September 26, 2011



My heart has hands that lay within, within the heart in me.
The hands to reach and hands to hold... the key to your eternity.
Your face it sticks within my mind, is it dark with soot and ash?
You who calls the street your home and lives to make them cash.
Your innocence was weighed and sold, as if it was not yours they say.
How much I long to give it back, though I cannot change today.
Did you know I know your face and feel you in my embrace?
Did you know my heart is yours and longs to touch your face?
You only know the dark and dank and cold ground beneath your feet.
You have not had strong trees to climb, but chaos you do meet.
Your hands have not been held with love, but led to your discrace.
You only know your worthlessness since no one showed you grace.


Could I wipe your tears away if you allowed yourself to cry?
Could I introduce you to love that would never say goodbye?
May I, I pray.... ask God today to teach me how to be.
Someone who could earn your trust and love you like He loves me?
There is so much to life than "must" and pains you must endure.
There is a King who fights for you, of this you can be sure.
Oh dirty hands and joyless face, there's so much more for you.
You can have dreams, you can have life, you can live in hope and truth.


Oh woman who dances in shame, who commands your body sin?
The lies you live and things you give are not who you are within.
Your beauty comes from deep in your soul, a place you do not know.
You've never been told that just what you were, was everything dear soul.
I wish that I could make you safe and steal you away from pain.
But He who walks within my heart can show you you again.
Take off those heels and walk in grass and feel wind on your face.
Your bed can be a place to rest and not the cornerstone of your disgrace.
These choices that were made for you, were not your own desires.
If you take my hand and walk, we'll make it through the fire.
For He is a refining flame and will strip your shame away.
You can walk anew in joy and smile in freedom today.


No comments:

Post a Comment